Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Lee!

Lee turned 26 today.... he says he feels old!  We celebrated his birthday with my parents last night when they took us out for a nice dinner.  They even called ahead to make sure the waiters would come out and sing Happy Birthday to him.  He was SO embarrassed!  

This morning Lee started celebrating his day by going deer hunting with one of his buddies.  He didn't see a thing... but a morning in the woods is never a bad experience.  They other guy got a little 5 pointer (he thought it was a doe) so that kept them busy for another hour or so.  I had pizza and beer (both are rarities in our house now that we are trying to eat healthier) at the house for him after he got back from hunting.   

He told me earlier in the week that he wanted a Red Velvet cake made from scratch.  So I spent hours baking and icing away.  The cake itself turned out pretty yummy, but my decorating skills are pretty lame.  I intended to have the cake say "Happy Birthday Lee".  It's really freakin hard to write with icing.    


Reese loved watching the candles.  She also kept trying to stick her hand in the cake.  

                                          He'll never see 25 again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cake looks delicious! The little squiggly on the right side looks like a mini "oscar"! I'm glad your birthday was great, Lee!